Thursday 28 November 2013

The short and thicke of it

Time to chime in on Robin Thicke. Sorry, Robin #Thicke. Or something. I don't know. I was a lot happier before I knew that this guy was alive, or somewhere in this world.

I don't know why he has to hash tag everything. I don't know why he wants to look like a creepier version of Justin Timberlake. I don't know why he thinks he's too cool to dance. I don't know why he thinks his stupid song empowers women? Hell, I don't know why someone saw this guy and thought, my word, this man must be made into a singer because... wait for it... HE CAN'T SING.

This song is terrible and should never have been released. It bothers me, because everytime someone makes a joke about Miley Cyrus being a full blown whore after all this controversy to make her star shine brighter.. I think, well... isn't that what Thickehead is doing?

Let's see, both have famous parentage, both have songs, both keep getting in the news, both had a VMAs headline..

BUT that's where it gets funny. Personally, I'm convinced that Miley was mocking the hell out of Thickehead's video with what she was doing. No, it doesn't make it right or less creepy but I think that's what she was saying. Basically she copped all the flack and he danced away to count his rape-millions.



Yeah, that's right. She copied his rapey-film clip and yet she's the whore. She twerked, but he kept coming up behind her and getting that massive penis we've all heard about (but not seen.. me thinks the man doth overcompensate too much) in the way, but she's the whore. Well at least Miley can write and sing her own songs without stealing from Marvin Gaye. Oh sorry, 'inspired' by Marvin Gaye. Marvin Gaye's entire discography, that is!

Honestly, it bothers me hearing about how he enjoyed degrading women because he's such a nice, lovely married man and he never gets to do it, pout pout. Owwwwh, now I feel soooo sowwy for poor Thickehead, awwww! Everyone should have the chance to degrade women unnecessarily! I mean, hell, what century is this anyway?!

Then he's got his wife standing by him going, 'nudity is beautiful! I get horny watching Youtube. Miley is a whore. I helped with the video!' Like she's going for Stereotypical 'what guys want' wife of the year award. The problem which keeps getting overlooked is that no one said nudity isn't beautiful. The nudity problem is due to it only being the girls naked again while douchebags stand around being creepy in lame suits.

How many videos are out there like that? Do we really need this Thickehead standing up in a moment of revelation and crying out; 'Wait! I want a video with sluts jumping around too! One more can't hurt!' 
This is before we even get to the crappy lyrics. No matter how you look at them, they are rapey. It's not a party anthem, it's a 'I know you want in my pants no matter what you say. Hey, have you heard I've got a big dick?'

Which leads me to believe that this guy is just pushing the envelope because he can, and riding off the controversy because at the end of the day he's just some kid of some guy that I think was on a TV show back in the day that I never watched, or something. These sort of songs should never become this popular because of the terrible message they convey.

Also, THIS.

Thicke has insisted, a bit guilelessly, that by having the women naked, he was pushing the boundaries. “We pretty much wanted to take all the taboos of what you’re not supposed to do—bestiality, you know, injecting a girl in her bum with a five-foot syringe—I just wanted to break every rule of things you’re not supposed to do and make people realize how silly some of these rules are.”
Daily Beast.com



I don't think that rules against being stabbed in the arse with a five foot syringe are really a bad thing. Same goes for beastiality. 'Nuff said.





No comments:

Post a Comment